[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OT Horse slaughter house ban expored

  • From: "Kathy Partch" <jokaysedona@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:45:36 -0700

There's a place not far from me that's called "Out Of Africa." This place is
really cool. They save all kinds of animals from those enclosed inside sport
hunting grounds -- which I DO NOT call sport hunting. Not long ago the
people from Our Of Africa saved a white rhino from such death. Now this
rhino is just a hit for the site of his beauty. They have a number of
species to wolves, bear, tiger, lion, giraffe you name it. Those animals
have large living areas & are taken care of very well. They charge for tours
to see these animals in their wonderful environment & are busy year around
because of our excellent weather. Now, Out Of Africa excepts injured horse's
for food for their carnivores. They shoot those horses. My older neighbor
next door to me has worked there for years. She said the first time she saw
a tiger caring the head of a horse in it's mouth about freaked her out. When
our bad times started & people not  able to care for their horse's anymore
couldn't sell or give them away brought their horse's to Out Of Africa. They
will not take young/healthy horses [I was told]. Only horse's that were
old/injured beyond repair, etc. So for those people that still couldn't care
for their horse's would turn them loose in the woods/deserts to make it on
their own. Not a good plan if you really love your animals. Slaughter
house's are probably the option. But they need to be more humane in the way
they kill & care for them days before. None of it is pleasant but some of
our animals go through to much before they have to die. They are just
numbers waiting their turn. One of my neighbors has 5 horse's. At the moment
only 2 of those horse's you can use/ride. Those neighbor's are amazing with
their dogs & horse's. They will care for those unusable horse's until they
turn 100 years old. They adore their animals. But then, when you're rich
enough that certainly helps.

To make this dog related again, is their such a dog food out there that says
on the main ingredient for protein = horse?

Kathy Partch