[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OT Horse slaughter house ban expored

  • From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 19:46:12 +0000 (UTC)

Ms Cooke brings up an excellent point.....for some reason or another 'man-kind'
is the dominant species on THIS planet with pretty much control over most
others...not coach roaches......we just need to be humane in all that we
do......I had stopped raising rabbits because I just got sick and tired of
killing them......and not to start a fight, we'd all be better off if we ate
less or NO meat of any kind......I was at a former student's Bar Mitzah a few
weeks ago and the Rabbi stated..."When you're in a situation where no one is
acting human, you need to act human.......FB
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:13:24 -0800 (PST)
From: "Chris S. Kimerer" <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: OT Horse slaughter house ban expored

Really cool info, thanks for sharing that.
&#65533;
Regarding actually&#65533;listing horse as an ingrediant, I doubt that will
ever happen.&#65533; As stated in the original article,&#65533;the American
people do not view the horse as they do a cow,&#65533;pig,
or&#65533;sheep.&#65533; Horses are part of our American history and certainly
not viewed as just another farm animal.&#65533; John Q Public can drive past a
stockyard and maybe be apalled at the smell, but it does not incite the feeling
a slaughterhouse for horses evokes.&#65533;
&#65533;
I feed raw deer meat to my dogs, many of my friends think I'm nuts and find it
disturbing.&#65533; My dogs love it and look great on it.&#65533; But I think I
might have a harder time knowingly feeding horse meat.&#65533;
&#65533;
Chris
Chris S. (Jolley) &#65533;Kimerer
www.tanbarkgsd.com

POST is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the original

Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group and
its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions expressed
in any post.