[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: No!

  • From: Colleen Donnelly <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:52:46 -0400 (EDT)

Good lord....who was it that said you can't make all of the people happy all of
the time?

What I said in the letter was " The loss of a child is a terrible thing but
many people will claim the loss of a beloved pet is very close emotionally to
it."

MANY PEOPLE.....not all. And don't forget the words "VERY CLOSE".

Have either of you sold a pup to a childless couple who do not intend to have
children???????
We are NOT discussing the loss of a child. This is a breed ban. Which as soon
as you turn around and do not pay attention will affect the German Shepherd
Dog. Stop twisting it into something different.

I'm done with this. How silly.

Colleen Donnelly

Erynbrook@xxxxxxx wrote:
Allow me also to make this point: if there is even a possibility of the
reader(s) being offended by the statement, then it should be removed from the
letter. You have offered the legislator an excellent alternative to his
proposed legislation, leave it at that!

Susan Casey
Erynbrook German Shepherds and
Front Range German Shepherd Rescue

GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG BREED BETTERMENT REGISTRY

The only way to understand & estimate the nature of the dog is to study his
whole development. Such a task requires a sympathetic, dog-loving observer, who
tries as far as possible to enter into the innermost mind of the dog, and who
will know how to short-circuit all his purely human points of view. --Max von
Stephanitz

http://mail.yahoo.com