[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: No!

  • From: Colleen Donnelly <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:06:00 -0400 (EDT)

Some people DO claim it is "very" close emotionally to it. And remember that
SOME people that do NOT have children think of these "fur kids" as their
children. Some councillors that are passing the BSL laws do not have children,
but animals. Some people on this list do not have children but "fur kids".

I suppose it all depends on how attached you are to your dogs?

Please consider those things before you say "No!".

Colleen Donnelly

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:11:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: Colleen Donnelly
Subject: Re: Letter re: banning specific breeds
Below is what I wrote....and THANK YOU Marie for bringing the proposed =
BSL
to the attention of this list!!!!!!!! ( and that's not Mrs Colleen =
Donnelly,
just Colleen *VBG* )
Dear Madame's and Sirs,
I understand your concern and desire to protect your constituents from =
the
awful tragedy a dangerous dog can cause. You, I am sure, intend to do so
with the law you are being asked to enact. However, all you will do with
such a law is turn thousands of pet loving voters against you personally =
and
you will be viewed as those terrible people who will cruelly deprive =
animal
lovers of their well behaved pets.
I am sure this is not your intention. To avoid making such a terrible
mistake in your proposed legislation I suggest you contact the American
Kennel Club in New York and ask for their draft version of a dangerous =
dog
law. This law has been enacted in several states and provides the =
general
populace ample protection from dangerous dogs while still permitting the
people who properly train and socialize their pets to retain them.=20
The loss of a child is a terrible thing but many people will claim the =
loss
of a beloved pet is very close emotionally to it....

Re: the sentence above
PLEASE DO NOT SAY OR WRITE THIS AGAIN ABOUT LOSING A CHILD VS. A DOG,
BECAUSE IT IS SO VERY UNTRUE! Those who have suffered the loss of a =
child
are scared forever! It is the very worst thing that could ever happen =
the, EVER!
We cry over the loss of a pet, we bleed over the loss of a child.
Helen Franklin =20

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG BREED BETTERMENT REGISTRY

The only way to understand & estimate the nature of the dog is to study his
whole development. Such a task requires a sympathetic, dog-loving observer, who
tries as far as possible to enter into the innermost mind of the dog, and who
will know how to short-circuit all his purely human points of view. --Max von
Stephanitz

http://mail.yahoo.com