[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Need for Temperament Evaluations

  • From: "T & D" <domntim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:00:45 -0800

We have to pursue good temperament.
Otherwise, we can't sell puppies to the public.
Worse yet, major insurance companies will stop write homeowners'/personal
liability policies to GSD owners. Perception lies in the eye of the general
public, indeed.
Tim

        From: LorienGSD@xxxxxxx
        Date: 11/19/04 20:52:07
        To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

        In a message dated 11/19/04 5:26:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
wmj1944@xxxxxxxxx writes:
        Perhaps I'm missing something, but I have seen very little" public
        perception" of temperament problems in GSD's, either where I live, or
        at the dog shows I've gone to.     <snip>    Plainly, we
        are doing something right, temperament tests or not, and whatever it
        is, we need to keep it up.
        YES!  Thank you, Steve. My point too!  Breeders and judges have
improved GSD temperament over several decades, and the new emphasis on the rote
and time-consuming  "temperament test" is unnecessary.

        Twyla Miner
        Lorien GSD
        http://www.geocities.com/loriengsd/

GIF image