[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Need for Temperament Evaluations

  • From: LorienGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:42:50 EST

In a message dated 11/19/04 5:26:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
wmj1944@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I have seen very little" public
perception" of temperament problems in GSD's, either where I live, or
at the dog shows I've gone to.     <snip>    Plainly, we
are doing something right, temperament tests or not, and whatever it
is, we need to keep it up.
YES!  Thank you, Steve. My point too!  Breeders and judges have improved GSD
temperament over several decades, and the new emphasis on the rote and
time-consuming  "temperament test" is unnecessary.

Twyla Miner
Lorien GSD
http://www.geocities.com/loriengsd/