[ SHOWGSD-L ] National Hotels

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 06:36:53 -0700

Evan you are funny.... Always have been!!!!!

I was traveling for General Motors years ago and
went to Brawley, CA. They do not have cockroaches
there, they have skateboards with legs. Get a
dozen or so of those fella's running around and
you would swear the 49ers were holding practice in
your room. I refused to go back to Brawley!
Dave

The worst place I ever stayed was when I was on
the road selling  jewelry.

On night I stayed at the Watergate in Washington,
D.C.

I ate my usual candy bar, and left the wrapper
next to the bed, turned out the light and went to
sleep.

I was woken up by some sort of rustling sound, and
turned on the light. My bedside table was covered
with cockroaches who had found the wrapper.

They all took off when I turned on the light, so I
turned it off and went back to sleep.

I lived in motels all week most weeks for ten
years.  I just want a  place to sleep, a shower,
and some towels. One time when I judged a
Futurity, they had no towels. I asked to be sure
they had them in the morning, and they never got
any. So, after fretting for a bit, I took my
shower and pulled a sheet  off the bed and life
was good.

I have a lot of other stories about motels, like
the one in Vegas where they asked if I wanted it
for the night, or just an hour?  I was there with
Linda Jones for the dog show, (I don't remember
why Tedi and John weren't there),  and she didn't
understand why all those girls were standing in
the lobby in short shorts and halter tops.  After
I explained it to her, she insisted on locking
herself in her room, and refusing to come out
except if I called her the next morning.  I told
her they wouldn't hurt her, but she was afraid
anyway.

How bad can the Nationals be?

Evan

In a message dated 7/11/2014 9:26:27 A.M. Pacific
Daylight Time, pkstoesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
We have  reservations for the National at the
Holiday Inn and intend to use

them.  I've had issues at other hotels before -
even in some very expensive hotels - and in my
opinion, it's how the hotel takes care of  them
that matters.

==========================
POST is Copyrighted 2014.  All material remains
the property of the original author and of GSD
Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS
of any kind are permitted without prior permission
of the original author AND of the Showgsd-l
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Each Author is responsible for the content of
his/her post.  This group and its administrators
are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in any post.

ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,
REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL
WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST
MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A
VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION
WILL BE PROSECUTED.

For assistance, please contact the List Management
at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

---
is active.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html