[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National Hotels

  • From: "Pam Stoesser" <pkstoesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD Showlist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 11:25:40 -0500

I'm going to step in here as ONE of the TWO rooms that had a problem on
check in at the shows in St. Louis.  There were a few dead gnats under the
pillows when we checked into the room. This was also true with the room
assigned to some friends we were caravanning with.  The 3rd room in our
party did not have the same issues.

The Holiday Inn was quick to respond to our concerns.  They sent down the
Assistant Manager and a housekeeper with clean linens.  They explained that
these rooms were normally only used for dog shows (and they were perfectly
situated for that with lots of grass, convenient trash barrels, and waste
bags conveniently located).

They told us that the hotels near Purina are normally only used for dog
shows and 6 Flags in the summer and are generally full on weekends but
pretty vacant the rest of the time.  There aren't a lot of other attractions
there.

The hotel moved us to larger, more expensive rooms (after making sure
everything was clean) with new linens on the beds and only billed us for the
price of the original room with a discount for our trouble.  The hotel was
very prompt in rectifying the situation.  They have plenty of grass, the ice
machines worked and they checked on us the next day to make sure everything
was okay.

We have reservations for the National at the Holiday Inn and intend to use
them.  I've had issues at other hotels before - even in some very expensive
hotels - and in my opinion, it's how the hotel takes care of them that
matters.

I thought the staff did a nice job of making this right.

Pam Stoesser