[ SHOWGSD-L ] NATIONAL IN STL F Y I

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 10:24:35 -0400

I am not sure how to read this, but it sounds like the club is making money
again. We should attribute that to our president and our board, and I think
they has done a tremendous job.

We got in the habit of spending on everything we could, to give to the members.
While that was a noble idea, it drove the club close to bankruptcy. I know
parking is a minor thing for each of us, but we should continue to watch the
"minor things" as well as major expenditures.

When I was on the board, we were told the prudent thing to do was have a year's
expenses in reserve, and we did at that time. Since then it went down to almost
nothing.

I am not opposed to whatever will continue the club in the direction of
solvency. We can reject our costs at the National by not going. Otherwise, I
commend our leaders and congratulate them if the figures of profits are true.

And, I am sorry for being negative, but I see no way from the post, top or
bottom, to know who sent it. But, thanks anyway.

Evan