[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PARKING

  • From: "Theresa-GSD Yesko" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "scenecrest" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 07:48:43 -0700

I paid much more for parking than $10.00 attending Horse Shows so the cost
does not concern me at all. I just wanted to find out if when you purchased
the parking ticket if you had a choice for being close to the show you were
attending. Walking distance is not a issue for me as my pup is too young
and not ready to show this year. I just felt it would be easier for those
bringing
a GSD have the lot closest for them.

Sieger Shows are becoming very popular in the USA now and deals with
other countries not just the USA and Canada so reason for the additional
entries.
The cost to enter the classes are not that expensive for what you get out of it.
As far as parking cost I never heard anything about Sieger Show not needing to
pay for
parking. They probably do not need the extra security with their GSDs trained
for protection
though but doubt they would complain over $10.

Video streaming is available for the National Show so if not attending the
class you can still watch
it. Having 2 shows at the same time makes it possible for the GSDCA to profit
so see it as
a plus not a minus.

Theresa

On Sun, 8/16/15, Jen Proud <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Don’t quote me, but I
seem to remember when there was an advance brochure for the
Sieger Shows (how come their entries are up and the National
Show/Trials are not!??), but they had the agility field for
their 3 days of shows.  Hey it’s on the same grounds, but
for someone who might have been interested in watching both
shows, it’s not just a short walk from one show to the
next… and you’ll loose your parking spot!
I thought about supporting that show with a
entry for the “open adult” classes, but it seems those
cost $100 to pre-enter… my petrol for the toolie mobile to
the shows and part way home!  Not to mention those classes
are being held on Friday (bad for anyone with a bitch to
show at the regular show)… so much for that idea!

For those complaining about
parking, perhaps you could volunteer for something and
negotiate free parking?   I suppose for those
people who were only to attend for just one day, parking at
$10 is a lot!  But, if people were to spend 4 days at the
show, that’s only $2.50 per day… not so much!  That $10
every one is paying at BOTH shows best guarantee we can
leave our cars unlocked and our windows down… that there
best be security on each lot with their eyes actually
watching the job at hand, no?
I see NOTHING
anywhere on the sieger shows section of the website that
mentions the $10 parking fee they have to also pay just like
all of us….  isn’t fair supposed to be fair?
That I’m comparing: On Thursday, the National
show has membership hospitality at 17:30, the Sieger show
has a “welcome party at 18:00.  Is that a strange way to
mix & mingle, or a surprise party for the National show
attendees, or is “membership hospitality” over for their
"party”?  No matter I suppose, as we all have the
Annual meeting at 20:00 that evening and need to get a
supper in beforehand.
Too bad BOTH feature
events (National specials/intersex and Sieger working dog
classes) are the same day… again, people will have to pick
and choose what they want to see, and not be able to see/do
both.  It will be 2 different worlds at opposite corners of
the grounds.
Sucks we have to pay for
security parking because "The increase in those costs
have obviously increased with the addition of the Sieger
show in which judges travel and trophies are extremely
expensive.”  I think that’s everyone’s complaint…
especially that there is no mention of their having to pay
parking too, though the reason for it is blamed upon
them.
That we are renting the ENTIRE grounds
now, why should it matter WHERE we park, so long as it’s
not in a fire lane or on the grass (aka a marked parking
spot)??
Just curious…

Jen P & her Pack

is Copyrighted 2015. All material remains the property of the original author
permitted without prior permission of both the original author AND of the

Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post. This group and its
any post. POSTS CANNOT BE USED IN A COURT OF LAW.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html