[ SHOWGSD-L ] My first GSD

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 04:38:09 -0700 (PDT)

Krunch came home to live with us on July 23, 1993. He was all legs, floppy
ears, and looked like a bi color to this newcommer to the breed who did not
realize that things change quickly with these pups. We had done all the
research, looked at many promising candidates, and finally settled on this
rambunctious boy who stole our heart. He rewarded us by promptly throwing up
all over my husband on our ride home. This was to be a ritual for his first
year of life....car rides were NOT his favorite thing.
Our new addition settled into the routine of the house like he had always been
there...took the torturing of the two cats with dignity and grace...NEVER
soiled inside, not once...and was my constant companion. The following year saw
him grow in stature and become a very handsome black and tan representative of
the breed..We  found ourselves bit by the show bug, and were ecstatic when
Krunch took a second at his futurity with the amazing Bill Rossi at the end of
the lead.
Between his first and second birthday, our "little" boy grew....and
grew....ending up at 30" at the shoulder and over 100 pounds. So much for the
show ring.
We were fortunate to spend the next 9 years with this amazing dog...he learned
over 50 commands/phrases and remains the smartest dog I have ever had the honor
to call my companion. Krunch crossed the rainbow bridge on Dec. 29, 2003...and
there is still not a day that goes by that I dont call his name and picture him
and Kizzy sunning themselves on our deck.
Dawn Restuccia

Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas