[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My first GSD

  • From: jeanniemccann@xxxxxxxxx (Jean Mccann)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:35:45 -0500

    My first GSD that was totally mine was my beloved Summitwood Nitro
Benzene  that I lost last August to cancer. Nitro also had DM,but he was
fighting that valiantly. He was such a big boy...topping out at 112
(sometimes 114) pounds...not fat,just BIG. I got him when he was 11/2
years old and he latched onto me like a port in a storm...we used to say
his name should have been "Velcro" instead of Nitro. He was all a GSD
should be...loving,loyal,protective,intelligent,and what a beautiful
suspended gait he had. People used to shout out their car windows,when I
was walking him,what a beautiful dog he was. He lived just to be with
me,which was very humbling. He was my co-pilot for years,as he drove to
work with me daily,and when he could no longer do that with his DM,his
face was the first thing I saw as I drove in the driveway,pressed to the
glass door,waiting for me to come home...... He has gone to the bridge
now and I have not a doubt that he is patiently waiting for me to
appear,no matter how long it takes.   I will be just as glad to see
him......keeper of my heart.                 Jean