[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My dogless Saturday

  • From: Liane M Fossland <lfossland@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 18:52:51 -0700

I was in Phx. but if you are expecting me to tell you who won I must
disappoint you as I did a lot of socializing with new and old friends. I
did glance at the catalog which indicated that O'Connor would be there
with his "master", but neither showed. Now I know why.
The weather was absolutely horrible. Just as I got to the show grounds it
started raining and rained the entire day and it really started to get
cold as well We were more or less huddled under trees and awnings and
watched the poor handlers get wetter as they ran around the ring. The
dogs did not care, the loved it.
Frank Fasano was standing in the middle of the ring and was pretty much
drenched. There was Flower Boy standing outside the ring - without his
Raiders' cap. Now, where was his cap? Then I realized what he was
laughing about - Frank Fasano was wearing  the Raiders' Cap under the
hood of his jacket. Everyone had a good laugh on this.
What I did see were some beautiful bitches that took your breath away. I
also thought that the males were very nice I will let someone else to
post the winners. I pretty much know who they were, but do not want to
make any mistakes in posting the wrong thing.
Lee

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 23:43:16 EST ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:
> We missed Phoenix when it became necessary to replace the hot water
> heater,
> and we missed Tom and Viv at class due to being late, and them
> leaving early.
> But, we had a chance to meet with the rest of the class and play
> with some
> puppies. I also learned a lot about hot water heaters.
>
> You should never drop a hot water heater you intend to put in.
>
> A hot water heater you are taking out is a lot easier to get out if
> you
> drain it first.
>
> You can tell if the gas is connected wrong if you smell gas.
>
> A 19 inch heater does not fit in a 17 inch opening no matter how
> wide it is
> behind the door frame.
>
> That top thing on a water heater is hot.
>
> There is always Teflon tape in your tool chest if you look long
> enough.
>
> You can't wash up with hot water while you are putting in a new
> heater.
>
> You should not throw the old water heater in the dumpster before you
> figure
> out what parts you need to take off it.
>
> When the heater has leaked for a few months, the wall can absorb a
> great
> deal of water.
>
> After age 60, it is best to hire a plumber.
>
> If you do have to, you can lift a new water heater two feet off the
> floor,
> if you are crazy enough to do it.  It is easier after you drop it
> one  time.
>
> It is a lot easier to show and handle a dog at the National than to
> lift a
> water heater.
>
> I think I would have learned a lot more at the dog show.
>
> Evan
> _Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
> http://www.asgardgsd.com/
> Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together

===
> POST is Copyrighted 2004.  All material remains the property of the
> original author  AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS
> RESERVED.
>
> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
> ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE
> EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST
>
> For assistance, please contact the List Management at
> admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

===

Liane (Lee) Fossland
Steppenwind German Shepherds
Home of Ch. Donar, Loni, CD,  Auburn & KaraMia
www.steppenwindgsd.com