[ SHOWGSD-L ] My dogless Saturday

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, SmokeynJo@xxxxxxx, doment@xxxxxxx, Nikki@xxxxxxxxxx, caroline.connor@xxxxxxx, JCOFFEE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kenandruthcooper@xxxxxxxxx, d.harrington@xxxxxxxxxx, DenandMo@xxxxxxxxxxx, dflaum@xxxxxxxxxxx, JENNARICK@xxxxxxx, FRANJO4U@xxxxxxx, m144man@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jt.turner@xxxxxxx, juliengo_999@xxxxxxxxx, kes@xxxxxxxxx, rosies_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ROXYRIGGS@xxxxxxx, smokenjokoa@xxxxxxxxxxxx, KathleenSteen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 23:43:16 EST

We missed Phoenix when it became necessary to replace the hot water heater,
and we missed Tom and Viv at class due to being late, and them leaving early.
But, we had a chance to meet with the rest of the class and play with some
puppies. I also learned a lot about hot water heaters.

You should never drop a hot water heater you intend to put in.

A hot water heater you are taking out is a lot easier to get out if you
drain it first.

You can tell if the gas is connected wrong if you smell gas.

A 19 inch heater does not fit in a 17 inch opening no matter how wide it is
behind the door frame.

That top thing on a water heater is hot.

There is always Teflon tape in your tool chest if you look long  enough.

You can't wash up with hot water while you are putting in a new  heater.

You should not throw the old water heater in the dumpster before you figure
out what parts you need to take off it.

When the heater has leaked for a few months, the wall can absorb a great
deal of water.

After age 60, it is best to hire a plumber.

If you do have to, you can lift a new water heater two feet off the floor,
if you are crazy enough to do it.  It is easier after you drop it one  time.

It is a lot easier to show and handle a dog at the National than to lift a
water heater.

I think I would have learned a lot more at the dog show.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together