[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Neutering Puppies

  • From: "Nancy Webb" <noelwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 20:58:08 -0500

Hi Laura,
   Puppies can be neutered and spay at 8 weeks.  But just because such a
procedure can be done doesn't mean it should!   This is a pet peve of mine!!!
The "hard core" so called "rescue" people who demand this are no better than
the puppy millers in my eyes.   Just like the puppy millers they don't TRULY
see these tiny babies as living things.  The thought of putting a little baby
under anesthesia and doing a MAJOR "ELECTIVE" surgery is beyond the
comprehension of my total being.  It is cruelty, plain and simple!!!  All vets
which have a conscience refuse to do it.  My boss volunteers her time at one of
the local humane societies and have told them point plank.... no way will she
do that to such a tiny soul.   And we are just now seeing the fall out.   Poor
female dogs that are incontinent at 8 MONTHS of age!   Poor male dogs that
didn't get fully neutered and all the problems that come with that.
(snort!!)  <G>

OK.. off of my soapbox.
Nancy Webb