[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My Take on It All

  • From: acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (showgsd-l)
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:26:31 +0000

Doris: I agree that we should and are going too move on. But I personally would
like to know how much this is going to cost us. It will also aid me in my
decision on who I'm going to vote for. How? I personally know of two board
members that fervently pushed for Hunte's approval. If those two are planning
on running by petition, then I don't want them to perhaps put us in the same
position again.
Monies could be better spent on local P.R. programs for the breed, local
educational ads or school programs and maybe even $$ assistance to regional
clubs that are on the brink of folding.

I don't know, but settling dollars with a multi-millionaire, apologizing
publically for something that should have been avoided, etc. just doesn't sit
right with me.

Moving on is good, just as long as we move in a positive direction. The more
information we receive,
the better our chances are that we won't let the same mistake happen again.

I surely didn't mean to call you Irene in my other post to you. And, please
don't call me Surely!

Stay well.

Tony C

From: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
As an addendum to Jeff's request for any information, I would like to be a
little more specific.
Will any one of the officers/board members please advise the general membership
as to:
How much was the dollar settlement to Mr. Hunte?
What will be the overall cost including the New York lawyers fees and the
anticipated costs
for the "agreed upon" parlimentarian training classes? Plus, what ever other
dollar costs may be charged to the Club budget resulting from the Hunte fiasco.

A line item list of expenditures of the above would be very helpful in clearing
the mystery surrounding
the anticipated costs of the whole affair. I feel that all dues paying members
would like to know how their monies were spent.

I would call each of you personally, but I just looked at my budget and it is
not very practical to do so. E-mails to the List are cost effective and will be
less time consuming on your part, since you won't have to be around to answer
the personal calls that are often
promoted by some on the List.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

 I for one, do not care what the settlement with Mr. Hunte was, if there was a
financial settlement at all.  This is now yesterday's news, the money is paid,
I guess, and why not move on?  Just my opinion.......Doris E