[ SHOWGSD-L ] My Take on It All

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:41:44 -0700 (PDT)

Here's the problem I see with the GSDCA, its membership, the board and the
list....

We have a great dog - the finest breed in history and in the world. We
have the best dogs in that breed - The American Show Lines. So far, we
probably all agree!

The problem is, when these dogs form a club, the GSDCA, they bring their
owners with them. That's the problem! The dogs would do quiite well
without US! They would decide which pack they were in, who was the leader
and off they would go to do what dogs do.

But when they bring their people with them, they are bringing tall &
short, rich and poor, thin and proportionally challenged, liberals and
conservatives, shy and forceful, those who want no contorl and those who
want lots of control, Baptists, Catholics, Mormons, Jews, atheists, and we
even let in a few select Lutherns! <g> (High Select!)

The dogs have a standard we expect them to conform to, but the owners have
no standard and conform to nothing!

I say we set a standard for the owners and make everyone conform to one
clear line of understand, appearance and belief. I will volunteer to write
it. No difference; no problem!

OK, that is not going to happen, and so we have only one option if we want
to continue to own these lovely dogs and have fun with them! Participate
in the show, in the club and on the board with the understanding that:

1. Control is not going to work - so forget it!
2. Difference is not division
3. Opinions do not damage those who hear them
4. Agreement is not the goal
5. Power should come from the breeding box and the ring not from on high!
6. Everyone must join Jane's family - they sound healthy.

IN the mean time -
Let's all go to a show near us, find some new rumors to share, some new
issues to discuss and some new friends to join our craziness!
I need to go to a show!
Dave