[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My Short "Take" on Rescue

  • From: chsweetsun@xxxxxxx
  • To: targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx, dir@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 07:45:58 -0500

Pat,
    Every day-Yes, Every Day- I get an Email from Someone Out there that says,
PureBred GSD in Shelter scheduled to be Put to Sleep in 24 hours.  My heart
bleeds for each one...and trust me I try to get them all...but somewhere along
the line you "know" you are at the breaking point and you have to do a limit.
Do you need some Funds for his bills and Care?  DO NOT be afraid to ask!  There
are people that willingly will help.
I have begged for Breeders to take just One dog a year in from a Rescue
situation...Begged for funds... Begged for help...and SO Few will do it.  Those
that DO help get the warm feeling in their hearts that know they have done
right.  Those that don't, will NEVER know what they are missing.  Granted it
helps when a Breeder takes back one of their own vs. it going to a shelter, but
as you said, a true Rescue is a whole other ball game.  These dogs are So
appreciative of Everything they get.  We cannot explain it...fully...but those
that have taken in a Rescue or even had the chance to be apart of a Rescue
operation...know.  I look back at the 14 dogs I took in a year ago...GOD please
don't do that to me again...but, look at how far I have come since then.  HE
knows how to Challenge me...but HE also Rewards me.
Bless you and Vicky...and All my other Rescue Friends.
Thank you Sandi for the kind words...You have always supported us both
financially and mentally ...and that means so much,too.

Tari Kridler
Kridler's k9-11 German Shepherd Rescue
Home of 2003 Amer & Can GVX Kridler's Ruby and her Father 2 x Sel. Amer & Can
Ch. Kridler's Quno @ http://www.kridlersgermanshepherds.com & the New List