[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Moving forward, correctly

  • From: MORGAN LEWIS <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: F.FASANO@xxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, f.fasano@xxxxxxx, InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:40:29 -0700 (PDT)

This is a generalized Legal form that can be used by any Corporation that
allows it. Now show us one on GSDCA Letterhead and in accordance to GSDCA By
laws. Morgan
F.FASANO@xxxxxxx wrote:  SPECIAL MEETING WAIVER OF NOTICE

We, the undersigned, being all the _______________ in
_______________________(name of corporation), hereby waive notice of
a Special Meeting of said Corporation, held at the offices of the
Corporation located at ______________________________________
(address of corporation), on _____________________, 20__, for the
transaction of any and all business that may legally come before said
meeting.

Executed this ___________day of _______, 20___.

____________________________

____________________________

____________________________
Evan typed in waive of notice and this popped up- gee wonder why there is a
form for a waiver if they illegal-Kris

-------------- Original message from ELG440@xxxxxxx: --------------

In a message dated 9/28/07 8:06:18 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, f.fasano@xxxxxxx
writes:
- our Bylaws and P&P REQUIRE 13 DAYS NOTICE- by that time there will be less
options-Kris

While I hate to argue with Kris, and I only do so to clarify it, the by-laws
state:

"Written notice of such meetings shall be mailed by the Corresponding Secretary
to each member of the Board at least ten (10) days prior to the date of the
meeting. The notice shall state the purpose or purposes of the meeting."

So there is no misunderstanding the votes at any meeting, General, annual or
special must be recorded and the votes published in the minutes.

"The proceedings of these meetings (annual, special, regular) shall be
recorded, and the Minutes published in the GSDCA Review. Such Minutes shall
include the yeas and the nays of all votes"

This is in our by-laws. It is not complicated or difficult to understand. I
have the by-laws on one sheet of paper, and read them whenever someone asks me
a question. We are the club, we are the members, we are those who shall be
informed, and the work "shall" leaves no doubt.

No one can phone for a meeting, no one can waive the requirements of the
by-laws, and no one can run this club on a whim or systems outside our by-laws.

It is ten days. It must be recorded, (and how do you do that when you have
removed the recording secretary?), the votes must be reported to the
membership, and the letter setting the meeting must say what is to be discussed.

Anything else is outside our by-laws.

Evan Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

Morgan and His Angels
  Precious, OFA
  Princess, CGC, TDI, GSDCA Health Award