[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Movement/ floating v. driving

  • From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:14:31 +0000

Yep, the first time I saw it was in Perry many years ago.  The dog entered the
Specials ring the night before to 'practice' with Michael Sherman.  He took
about four good strides then kicked into 'overdrive'.  His topline levelled
out, his head dropped in line, his center of gravity dropped about four inches
and EVERYTHING opened up - front and rear.  Other handlers stopped working
their own dogs to watch this guy TAKE the big ring.
No dog is perfect and each has their own faults but there was nothing that
could touch this guy when he really wanted to go.  The dog was Ch Caralands
Sword V Lebarland, affectionately known as "Cutter' to those who loved him.
What a moving machine!  I didn't own him, didn't breed him, never judged him
and don't have any of his progeny - so I have nothing to gain by talking about
him other than to say that, as a judge he defined the 'flying trot' for me in
one pass and affected the way I will look at movement forever.

Suzanne
www.tsalishepherds.com
Home of Ch Cookie HT PT RN TC CGC, Ch Flair, BIS/BISS Ch Yancy HIC HT PT RA CD
TC CGC BH, Ch Flash, Mousser (13 points/1 mjr), Tess [150 PLUS ROM points/40
ATAA points], and Lil' Miss Gilli RN[Mjr Res Winner]! Website updated 08/06

there is "floating" and there is "driving". If I'm interpreting