[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Monroe shows.... canceled or not?

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: GSD0110@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:46:02 -0400

Lee,

Last word I had was that the Monroe shows a/b and  specialties were definitely
still on....With the power out and so much road damage I don't know how they
CAN be held.... but if they are on I will get there, if at all possible, to
support those great people and dogs in the Gulf States.

Gary Lewis

Gary,
Those shows are definitely canceled.  The arena is being used for people who
have no place to go from New Orleans.

Both my shows for next week in Bilxoi are also canceled. I will not know for
sure until Monday exactly what I have left since they will not let us in until
6 A M monday morning to get some our personal belongings then we MUST leave
again and told they will not let us back for apx 2 months.
Was told today by  my local sheriff's dept that they have bodies floating,
sewerage, main water line broken. They will not allow any of us to stay, to
much risk of disease.  I will not know for show but from what I was told I
probably had apx 12 feet of water in my house so I probably will not have
anything to get on Monday but you can bet I will be there for 6 A M. to find
out.

Main thing is I am safe and so is my daughter and granddaughter we all got out
in time. I am in the northern part of the state in my sisters motorhome for
now. Not sure where I go from there.
Will know more after Monday.

Sorry we had to cancel those shows in Monroe but helping homeless people was
more important.

Take care,

Lee Brown