[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: heart murmur in puppy--HELP !!

  • From: SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:39:55 EDT

Hi Cheri - My vet found a heart murmur on one of my pups when they went in
for their first shots at about 8 weeks. This pup had already been reserved by a
woman who had previously had two of my dogs.  I took the pup to a vet who
specialized in cardiac problems for an ultrasound.  He felt it was what he
called
"an innocent heart murmur" that was caused by different parts of the heart
growing at different rates and that it would eventually disappear.  I told him
the pup had be sold and what would he do if he were the buyer. He said he would
not hesitate to take the pup. He recommended a follow up ultrasound at 6
months.

I called my buyer and told her what I had found out and that if she didn't
want the pup, her deposit would be refunded. She said, no she wanted him.  So I
told her to take the pup and not pay me until the  six month ultrasound was
done.  I withheld the AKC papers until that time.  At six months, "Bubba" was
ultrasounded and all was clear. It had disappeared.

"Bubba" was named that a birth as he was the biggest pup I had ever had -- 2
lbs plus at birth.  He has been totally healthy and competes in agility and
obedience.

Hope this helps.

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com