[ SHOWGSD-L ] Micro-chipping Saves Lives!!!!!

  • From: Lawmanshepherds@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 23:18:19 EST

A Beautiful Female German Shepherd showed up at a woman's house one  day
about a month ago and decided to stick around.  The woman posted  found signs
around her neighborhood but no one responded. An Animal Control  Officer was
out
on patrol earlier this week and the loose,  unleashed dog was picked up.  The
woman was frantic. The AC  Officer told her that since the dog was on her
property more than 2  days the law considered her the legal owner.  The woman
wasn't able to  pay all the exorbitant fines so the dog was put on death row
and
was  scheduled to be euthanized because the AC Officer marked her  file "Owner
Abandonment".  As a RESCUER, I got the frantic call  from the woman telling me
the unfortunate plight of this German  Shepherd.  I called the AC Officer and
asked if anyone had scanned the dog  for a Microchip.  He was amused but
honored my request to run the  Microchip scanner over the dog  (It's not his
fault
since most  dogs that are picked have no chip).  Much to his surprise this
dog had a chip!!!!!!  Within 30 minutes the dog's real owner  was located!!!!!
We found out, the dog had gone  missing over  a month ago!!!!  THE MICROCHIP
SAVED THIS DOGS  LIFE!!!  Every Owner &  Breeder should  go the extra mile and
 Microchip (and register the chips) the dogs they own and produce!  If  it
were more common for dogs to have Microchips, more facilities would  be
scanning
as a common practice!!!!!  IT TAKES EVERYONE TO MAKE A  DIFFRENCE!!!!!!  They
protect and watch over us and we owe  them the same consideration!