[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Majors/minors--what's the dif?

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "D.D. and Bonnie Ardoin" <cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 20:01:28 -0400

DD,
I am not telling you where to show your dogs--I can only tell you how I
feel.  When Henry put a 3rd major on Punky, I felt that I robbed someone
else of a major.  When Forest finished this summer, she needed one point,
but took two at that last show--I felt guilty there too.  For me it has
nothing to do with a dog's quality--specialties AND all-breeds included.  My
dogs have ALWAYS taken majors and minors in both venues, which is the way it
should be IMHO.  There IS quality in both venues.  I DO understand about one
point shows:  the Canadian championships do not matter as much as the
American ones, for that very reason.
Penny