[ SHOWGSD-L ] Louisville

  • From: NHANSBURG@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:18:21 -0500

1. Louisville KC at one time was the largest all breed show in America. It is
still one of the top 25 Dog Shows.

2. That weekend used to consist of A very prestigious puppy Sweepstakes, The
combined Specialty Clubs of Louisville which included the Kentuckiana GSDC, and
Louisville KC. Now it is a five show weekend.Lance and his sister Lonie
finished their championships there on their second birthday.

3. The two shows Kentuckiana and Louisville used to get such large entries that
they were two judge shows. I had the honor to Judge Dogs and intersex there
back in 1976. The entry was incredible. My WD was Doppelt-Tays Hawkeye, my BOB
was Ch. Langenaus Watson. Every open dog through sixth place became a champion.
The Am Bred dog who went RWD was the grandsire of SUkees Mannix.

4. Helen Gleason was a very active member of that club. They hosted a Futurity
and the 75 National. Helen moved to Florida. The Brooksdale shows which include
THE Clearwater KC are her local shows. The en
tries there are enormous.

5. Like City neighborhoods dog areas and clubs change with the years depending
on the dog population in the area.