[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Louisville

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:47:08 -0500

Oh it is VERY bad....but I understand your sentiment. So, go ahead and send
your entry - just don't GO to the show. That way LKC gets the benefit of
your entry, but the city does not.

As to it not being "very bad"... I beg to differ!! This is horrible...

The new law includes the following provisions:

Pet limits--3 dogs on up to .5 acre; 7 dogs on up to 2 acres and no limit on
tracts greater than 2 acres.

Revaccination/relicensing requirement for all dogs/cats removed from a
kennel or cattery at any time. (Go to a show? Have to revaccinate)

Prohibits use of invisible fencing for unaltered dogs.

Requires 6 foot fence with one foot underground, 4 foot leash, and microchip
for unaltered dogs. NOTE: THAT MEANS ANY REGARDLESS OF BREED OR SIZE.

Mandates spay/neuter for any unaltered dog that is impounded for any reason
before the owner can reclaim the dog. (Better hope you never lose your show
dog!!)

Requires vets to report rabies shot information to Metro Animal Services so
that dogs which got a rabies vax but not a license can be impounded.

Allows dogs to be impounded for "irritating" or "perturbing" ANYONE. (and
once impounded MUST be s/n!!!)

Prohibits ownership of ANY animals by anyone who has two violations within 5
years-no matter how minor.

Requires reporting of all litters, including brief description of all
puppies.

Requires reporting of all sales of all dogs, with buyers name & address to
be sent to MAS, even if buyer is not local.

Requires dog license # to be published in paper in any advertisement.

And so on. This thing is still some 94 pages long, even with all the
strikeouts removed.

Ginger Cleary
Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind and the people
that mind don't matter.
My Ebay site <http://stores.ebay.com/The-Crafty-K9_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm>
My Cafepress store <http://www.cafepress.com/thecraftyk9>
Rome, GA http://www.rihadin.com/