[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Location, location, location

  • From: Janice Buchanan <wasatchgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:55:51 -0600

The menu isn't the same at every MacDonald's either.  I was staying with
some of my family at a motel in Laie in Hawaii about ten years ago, and
refused to go to the MacDonald's next door because I didn't want to waste
my time on hamburgers when I could enjoy the wonderful local food.  One
night we needed something in a hurry so we gave in and went to MacDonalds,
only to find that they had a whole menu of "plate lunches"!   I don't
remember
exactly which they had, but Plate Lunches are the local meals that usually
include a couple of big scoops of sticky rice, macaroni salad and a meat
dish,
ie, roast pork, terriaki chicken, barbacue beef, etc.  Always for a low
price and
always with huge helpings!
--
Janice Buchanan