[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: List Viability Test - GSD Structure & Movement

  • From: Hickoryhill <hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blackhawkfarms214@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l GSDList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 13:05:33 -0700

To Paulette, I tend to agree with the judge you spoke with. I just had a
discussion with a breeder judge a week ago or so. He started discussing
angles, length of this body part or the other..and he was correct and I can't
argue with what he is saying, nor would I as he is a knowledgeable breeder.
however, I started laughing and said "Well, that fine what you say, but I just
look at how the dog moves, for me if the dog is built right, it moves right.
For some assessing a dog is about all the measurements, angles and such, for me
the approach is more "artistic" and less mechanical. To me, both ways of
assessing the animal are correct, and usually it is just that people evaluate
differently. In most cases, if you have a "good eye" for a dog no matter what
your evaluation method is, the cream usually rises to the top and the good ones
will hopefully win. C.Grainger

Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: List Viability Test - GSD Structure & Movement
To: blackhawkfarms214@xxxxxxxxx, "showgsd-l GSDList" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, July 16, 2015, 2:20 PM