[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: List Viability Test - GSD Structure & Movement

  • From: "Chris S. Kimerer" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "tanbarkgsd@yahoo" for DMARC)
  • To: "rautt75@xxxxxxxxx" <rautt75@xxxxxxxxx>, Showgsd-l GSDList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 17:33:35 +0000 (UTC)

I'm not a judge but do breed a litter from time to time, so whenever I look at
a litter, stud prospect or am at a dog show, I go with first impression
initially, correct type (a whole discussion it itself), balance, good secondary
sex characteristics (that's where doggy and bitchy comes in), and that's where
the entire "package" comes in.  I probably forgive a little "doggy" in a bitch
more than a bitchy male.  After that, I look at the movement, there have been
some beautiful "packages" that just can't move well enough for me, so the
movement has to be there as also.  Balance, overall correctness AND a good
temperament are all key factors for me, if they have that, then I can
concentrate on the movement of the dog.          ChrisChris S.
KimererHillside-Tanbark Kennels"where good bloodlines never die"