[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: List Party ....PLEASE READ

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Grace Eaton" <zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx>, caggra@xxxxxxx, almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, murk@xxxxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 15:59:17 -0700

Coming out of lurking!
I hope you know that if it had not been for Mo Murkland we would not have
had a party. She and the two newbies worked diligently to get this going.
The place which was originally set up for the party was Troutman's
Barbecue. But there were two problems to be considered: 1. They did not
serve any alcohol and 2. the food was sampled and proofed to be less than
suitable for the palate. I then asked Evan if he could find a better one.
He was unable to. All of us girls had our cell phones and we tried to keep
in touch that way. And then came Mo's message: I've got a place, we've got
it all worked out! It's Ruby Tuesday and close to the host hotel." Got the
address and changed the flyer. This was Wednesday night. On Thursday
morning I knew we had to get the flyer copied and distributed or no one
would know where to go. Hallie ran me to a place who made us 50 copies
(should have been more). Back to the show site and passing them out was the
final phase. Getting to the restaurant was another story. I got lost and
almost ended up in Charlotte. Those darn hiways don't have enough exits! I
finally made it just when the first people from the meeting arrived. It was
great to see all those people you knew by name and finally could put a face
on them. Lots of people and good money was made for the Rescue. After all,
that's what it was all about. No regrets.
Lee
P.S. I definitely would be in favor of changing to another day. Sleeping
time is too short.

Liane Fossland
Home of Ch. Donar, Loni,CD, Auburn, Kara Mia and Windy
www.steppenwindgsd.com

EarthLink Revolves Around You.

<ELG440@xxxxxxx>; <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>
> Date: 11/9/2005 9:56:54 AM
> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: List Party ....PLEASE READ
>
> It's because we are all tired and have jetlag. This was the first
National's for me and I'm exhausted....still.  I'm one of the people that
helped Mo get the party together and implement it. I appreciate that you
all appreciate all our hard work. It was fun too. I'd like to thank all the
people that hepled us as well,...Zoe and Elizabeth???? ( I hope you got
your glasses back. ) I have met so many people and I'm not so great with
names anyway. Please forgive me for not remembering names??? I also want to
thank ALL of you who ripped your own tickets in half! LOL!!!! Suggestions
are always welcome in my book!!! It was a bitch getting names on napkins
instead of tickets...until we got tickets....talk about flying by the seat
of our pants!!! Whew! Well, good thing were such an adaptable bunch!
> Grace Eaton
> caggra@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I think we all must be extra sensitive or something this week. I didn't
think Amy's post was out of line or complaining in any way! I am sure
EVERYONE appreciates all the hard work, time etc. that goes into events
such as the List Party. HOWEVER.....it should be ok for someone to
acknowledge that hard work, while at the same time making suggestions for
future events. Nothing is ever perfect....there is always room for
improvement!!!! She wasn't bitching at all! Geesh.

Nothing
> to get upset about.
> Amy Safdir
> Almanya Shepherds
> www.almanyagsd.com

Thursday,
> > the place was EASY to find! 60 people managed to get there. I lost all
day
> > Thursday at the show making sure things would go off the best I could.
> > There
> > were flyers with directions being given out! THANK GOD I had Grace
Eaton
> > and
> > Pat Evans, 2 NEWBIES, or I doubt there would have been a party. It is
EASY
> > to set around and COMPLAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! It is another to jump in and
> > HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mo and the Newbies
> >>

> >> In a message dated 11/8/2005 2:03:31 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> >> almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> >> I would have loved to attend the listers party unfortunately the annual
> >> meeting made it so that we would have gotten there after 10:00 PM.
> >>

> >> I felt the same way. I drove over to drop off some prizes then left. I
> >> was
> >> exhausted and yet on Wednesday there didn't seem to be much to do. We
had
> >> great dinner, but the Lister party could have been that evening.

> > POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the
> > original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
> > FORWARDS of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the
> > original author AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
> >
> > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY
> > MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
> > PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
> > FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION
WILL