[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Let's argue about vacuums!

  • From: Penny & Bill <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert Utter <utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:14:01 -0400

You could afford one probably.  When I bought the second one, I told
the salesman that I wanted NO attachments, just the vacuum.  (I have
attachments for the old one that I keep downstairs.)  He then tried to
tell me that the things would be $1400-- I said, "What are you,
nuts?"  After haggling, etc, I bought it for $500.  The old one I've
had 20+ years--the new one is 3 years old.  To my mind, NOTHING picks
up dog hair and anything else like these machines.  but you're right--
the sales people ARE obnoxious.
Penny