[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Leonberger

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elg440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 07:21:05 -0800

I agree completely on the Leonberger, and others....the AKC doesn't
necessarily help the breeds that they recognize.  Leo's are hard to come by,
of any quality.  So too the Caucasion Ovcharkas, also now in the AKC
Foundation Service.  To recognize the Ovtcharka, they will have to "dumb
down" the temperament, which by
FCI standard is "FIERCE AND EXTREMELY DISTRUSTFUL TOWARD STRANGERS".
How in the world are you going to show that at an AKC show?   I will tell
you, they will have to breed namby pamby, spineless versions of the
breed...it will be its ruination.  No thanks.
Kathy
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
PUP-DATED:  DEC 5, 2009
Home of:
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

"En Victoria , Veritas"