[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Lance Free lines?

  • From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:54:09 EST

In a message dated 11/27/2005 3:56:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
I beg to differ regarding "Lance free" being  "quality free".  My foundation
line was based on Ellen and Gene Heintz's  "Lance-free" lines.  Their kennel
name was JEENELLYN--some of you  oldsters (like me) might remember that their
line of black dogs was  quality-filled.  Not only were they structurally
correct (and winners in  the breed ring), they could also work in the
Schutzhund
venue and  competed competitively in obedience.  I am NOT knocking Lance--he
currently is in the pedigree of every dog I own--but to say no other line had
quality is poppycock.
Penny in NY

  That's the wonderful thing about our breed here in America  we all get to
like who ever we want. I don't remember there being anything to  compare with
him in his prime. I saw most they didn't stay in my mind.And as I  look at the
lines since lance I see no other lines that have left their mark on  the breed
until they were combined with lance. Now some lines produced better  with
Lance than others so we must assume they brought something to the table.
Fred M