[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Judges critiques

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PUD709@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 19:24:24 -0400

Ah, yes, that was me!
    I think some critiques are valuable...the reason I love the British
style is that they never say anything bad about a dog...but they can put
over a negative thought very nicely, thank you.  One of the favorites
seems to be "I can't find my notes on this dog."  Always sure to bring a
grin.
    Marion makes me think of one of those Golden Rules we all learned as
little girls (boys, too, probably)..."If you can't say something nice,
don't say anything at all."
    That's been changed a bit for the sake of comedy...you know how it
goes now..."If you don't have anything good to say, come and sit by
me."  Too many people have taken that to heart, it seems...there are
always people ready to say mean things, or, to bring it back to dogs, to
find the one big fault and overlook all the wonderful things.
    Somewhere in the middle is probably right...if all you can see is
the fault, you shouldn't put the dog up...if you see the good things and
have to look for the fault, you can probably ignore the fault...........
       I miss John, too, and I still miss Connie.  I love my friends
that are still here and hope they know it...
Peggy