[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: It's tough to get to a national these days...

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx, pruett@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 16:54:29 -0700 (PDT)

Mike gets the best answer award. Sally should come up with a shirt that has the
NDSA on the back of it and we can all be sure to smile and say hi to them. My
hubby always seems to end up with my national sweat shirts. Maybe they could
have their own with the NDSA on the back :0) It would be a great reson of a
person to buy 2 instead of one.
  Terry
Michael Lynch <blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Having run into this problem with a slew of "non doggy significant others"
(NDSA), you plan wisely. (Remember somone has to load those crates and drive
during the night).

One of my NDSA will attend the shows in Beaumont with me, not because they
like Dog shows, but because it would be a "getaway" from the normal.
Usually, I plan close attractions away, parks, bars, resturaunts, etc. I
also plan a NDSA night where we just do "real people things"--no dogs, no
washing dogs, no trimming dogs, no talking dogs. (Yes, its a pain in the
arse, but it makes up for the all the time you do spend at the dog show).

I took my NDSA to the Great Western Terrier shows last year, and of course,
for the show part, they were bored out of their mind. After the first day,
we drove to Santa Monica, West Hollywood and spent some time, the second day
(after getting my breaks repaired) we went to Catalina island after the
breed juding.

In short, you kinda make it work. Give a little bit, plan and you get a lot
back in return!

Mike Lynch