[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: If you were going to have another breed

  • From: "Paula M. Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 02:39:17 GMT

I have never had a dog that I didn't totally enjoy.  From 135 pound Great Danes
to 4 pound Toy Poodles.  Pure-breds to mixed breeds.  I have loved them all.  I
never met a dog I didn't bond with and easily train to live with and go out in
public with.  Some respond differently to training; I always felt it was MY job
to learn to communicate with them and live happily ever after.  ALL dogs just
want to read you and please you.  I would have any of them all over again, and
do hope that there really is a "Rainbow Bridge."   If there are no dogs in
Heaven, then it can't be Heaven, right?

I want a Xolo.  I want a terrier.  I want them ALL!!   I won't live long
enough!

My favorite breed is the Poodle.  I have had a mini and a toy.  Some day I hope
to have a standard.  I couldn't show a poodle, so, I will wait until my
competitive spirit has aged out.
:-)  They are protective, ever so intelligent...........and..........they DON'T
shed!!

I think the reason that I drifted into the GSD world is because my father
wouldn't let me have one as a child.  He didn't trust them.  I had to prove him
wrong, of course!  But, he introduced me into the show world, enthralling me
with stories of Westminster.  He bought me my 1st AKC dog, a Beagle.  Now,
being the typical rebellious child of the 60's, I have had a few GSDs.  I have
enjoyed having Harley to experience this world with.  Never again, but, WHAT A
RIDE he gave to me!!  I do love the all-breed shows.  I don't go to many
specialties. I find them boring.

If only I could get over this thrill of Eukanuba and Westminster.............I
maybe then could be a normal person????

This is my opinion and my experience.  I just plain LOVE DOGS!!  I really don't
consider the GSD better or worse than any other breed.  They are all dogs, the
most wonderful of species.

Paula, 333 days and counting

Home of BIS, BISS, Multi-Group Winning, 2 Time AKC JAM/AOE, International
Champion, Canadian Champion, & American Silver Grand Champion, Asgard Harley
Davidson, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA CHIC #64047 (Original Version), 1st male
GSD Grand Champion. 2010 #1 GSD in California, Lifetime #1 GSD in Michigan,
2010 #1 GSD male in USA (AKC GCH Stats), 2011 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show
Invitee, Lifetime AKC Eukanuba Invitee. 2 Time Cruft's Invitee.