[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: If you let a pigeon drive the bus

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: murfamx4@xxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 12:52:39 -0700 (PDT)

Glen, I'd love to see you get your wish.....but you won't.....Ed
murfamx4@xxxxxxx wrote:  I can tell you for sure that making the Nationals in
St. Louis
permantly was talked about. It was at our Futurity/Maturity weekend in
2006 (I think) I know it was talked about because I was doing the
Bar-B-Qing and the whole PC board was huddled around my BBQ pit
to stay warm.
The talk was to have it at Purina Farms in the new Arena that was
going to be built. Of course because of the high price of everything
Purina has to buy (grain) that plan has been scrapped. Who knows if
this Arena will ever be built.

The main reason was that all of the events could be on the same
grounds. Herding, tracking, OB, Rally, Confirmation and any others
that I have missed. The central location was a secondary reason the
facilities was their first concern. Purina Farms bends over backwards
to make sure everything is perfect.

Since nothing was settled before the new board took over I would
think that the whole Idea has been scrapped.

I would love to see all the Nationals in St. Louis I guess that's
because I would never miss one then because I live here.

Glenn
Shaden Shepherds