[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: If you let a pigeon drive the bus

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 11:52:56 -0700 (PDT)

So you are eager to pay the 600.00 in gas driving year after year to hold the
national in mid America?? I'm not. I will do it every other year but not every
year.I'm afraid after the second year I would be thinking National or Italy,
National or Spain :0) Location to me is part of the fun. I do think the main
concern should be for the welfare of the dogs and if the safest place to fly
into was St Louis I would be all for it. St Louis is not that easy anymore.
Salt Lake City is easy. Houston is easy. Someone help with the east here I have
never been to a show on the east coast. What is the easiest airport to fly
into?

  Terry an easy seeker
Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  The day is coming soon that we will not be able to fly dogs all over the
country. I tried for several weeks to fly a bitch to Bart Bartly eariler this
year. It's hard to fly a dog from Northern CA. to Southern CA.Thurban Warrick
is in Ohio today to show his bitch at the maturity...you should see his flight
schedule...he had to first fly from Vegas to Atlanta, and then back to
Cleveland. The few Airlines that still fly dogs are making it more and more
difficult...and with the cost of fuel (gas)...pretty soon it may be too
expensive to drive....I wish futurities were regional entries only, and the
National was at one site every year in the middle of the country, neither will
ever happen because we have too many pigeons driving the bus....Ed Hill