[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I have a choice

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 18:17:02 -0700

These judges who are doing the National more than a few times...... are voted
in by
the exhibiting membership.
To rotate judges just for the sake of rotation is just more  "governing"  for
those that
are doing the exhibiting and spending the money to show their dogs and will
not be fair
either.......and could do a lot more harm than good.
No one "appointed"  the Judges these assignments...... they are all nominated
by the Board
or run by petition by the membership..... and voted for by the membership.
I have yet to see that one of them does any harm to the direction of the Breed.
   Breeders
know what direction they want to take in this Country and I know of NO breeder
that plans
their breedings around ANY Judge.... or Board ......or show.
Breedings are  and should be planned according to the Standard.....and we want
judges that
judge according to the Standard.

We have the choice.......these judges have been the choices!

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  RChesnut70502@xxxxxxx writes:

  We  don't, but we do.  Yes, we all have the right to do as we please,   which
does not
  make it right, or positive for the breed.  To  much  concentration on one
persons ability to
  direct the  breed.
  I have always felt that we should have the right to elect the best person  we
want, or not.
  I don't like to be limited by how many times or how often.   If  there is a
perfect judge, that
   judge should judge every year. I suspect next  year Ed will judge, and that
will make ten
  times for him. I know that  I am  pleased he is willing to do it.
  Dave and Ralph have each done the National  nine times, and I say, get them
both back again.

  That is why I don't want to have regional board members. I want to elect  the
best people for
   the job, and if they all come out of Iowa, so be it.

  Free choice, and no limits. Don't fence me in. Liberty or Death.   Don't mess
with Superman's
  cape, or Batman's mask.  Never eat the yellow  snow.

  Evan  Ginsburg
  Asgard German Shepherds
  http://www.asgardgsd.com/
  Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together