[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How to judge them

  • From: Kris Kudel <vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 18:33:29 -0500 (CDT)

=====================
From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu May 11 17:53:36 CDT 2006
To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] How to judge them

In a message dated 5/11/06 10:49:36 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
mediocre handler can take a great dog and make it look mediocre and a good
handler can take a mediocre dog and show it to its  best.

A great dog will look great with a good handler.
A great handler will take a fair dog and make it look good.
A good handler will take a fair dog and make it look great.
A fair handler will make a fair dog look good.
A good dog will look good with a fair handler.
A fair dog, with a great handler, with a good judge, will look great.
A fair judge, with a good handler, showing a fair dog, will look  good.
A great judge, judging a great dog, with a fair handler will do a good  job.
A fair judge, with a fair handler with a fair dog, will do a fair  job.
A good judge, with a fair dog, shown by a good handler, will do a good  job.

Most of the time.

I am sure of that, and if I am doing a good job with my posts, it will seem
fair to every good reader doing a great job.

I'm sorry,
 I have to ask this then.......
 why when first getting into showing Shepherds I was told by someone who's been
there (over 25 yrs)to get myself a "name" handler because most owner/handled
Shepherds either take WAY too long to finish, or don't finish at all.
 I'm not griping or groaning, I'm just stating what I was told in the very
beginning.  I was basically laughed at when I said I wanted to learn to handle
my own dogs, I was told the judges wouldn't give another look.

Kris Kudel
Kamelot
Shepherds      UPDATED http://mysite.verizon.net/krisbob1/