[ SHOWGSD-L ] How long should the National be?

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 10:09:04 EST

How long should the National be?

Well, the National needs to be however long it takes for the dogs.  No  time
restraints for the judges, take the time to really, really see the  dogs.

I am not surprised some things are missed, dead tails, bad rears,  whatever.
There are so many things to do, we end up shortening the judging  time.  For
example, Saturday we were due to start at 8 am.........we  started at 9 or so.

The other activities........there are many we can do without. Lots of  awards
can me mailed, announced in the Review (there is another good use  for our
magazine).  Have a board with all these awards  for everyone to see, but please
SHORTEN THE TIME.

However......the day we pay our respect to the departed members should be
moved to Friday. The majority of those coming to the National are there and we
can make that event a lot more meaningful.

Once again, thanks to those who do the work.

Ileana