[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How are we handling the Lawsuit?

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:54:01 -0700 (PDT)

> Since  the GSDCA is being sued does that mean the membership is part of
> the suit?
> Bob Neiman,

As I understand it Bob, we, as individuals have joined a corporation
(non-profit) which is a way of establishing another entity or "person." It
is the entity of multiple people being sued, and yet, it affects us all
individually. If there is a monitary loss, the insurance company should
pay, but, as in all things, the insurance company does not loose a dime...
They pass it on in cost of premiums to their clients.

So, yes, there is no way to remove the membership from the effects of the
suit, even though we have corporate protection for our personal assets.

> According to the officers, the lawsuit was filed in Florida. Do we need a
> FL and a NY lawyer?
>
> Couldn't some people apologize for their mishandlings and broken
> procedures, and attempt to negotiate?
> If anyone knows the answers to Bob's and mine questions, please post.
> Ileana

I am not an authority on anything, but I am wondering....
I though that a corporation or an individual had to be sued in the state
where thay are incorporated or where they "lived." Is this a case in which
the suit alleging proceedural misconduct is using proceedural
misunderstanding.

I certainly agree with you Ileana - People can get together, apologise,
and stop all this - it is a question of "will they!" The answer to that
will determine their level of acceptance and respect by the club members.
Just my simple take on it!
Dave