[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hoader Raided*11 GSD's* outside of Baton Rogue UPDATE

  • From: Royal T Shepherds <gina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 07:30:24 -0700 (PDT)

You are soooo right!!  I lived in the city of Milwaukee my whole life where I
could have 3 dogs on my postage stamp city lot.  While considering my current
property, I asked the township if I could license my 3 dogs at the time, they
said, "No Problem."  The real estate agent said it was OK, and quite frankly,
it never crossed my mind that with 8 acres, I'd have a 2 dog limit.    The
township licensed the dogs every year with no issues, even when the numbers of
licenses I purchased got higher.  I just recently bought a lot in a different
area to build on and, after learning all this "county" stuff, made SURE I
wasn't going to have any problem.. LOL  Your clause in your purchasing contract
is a great idea, btw.
Your fellow club members' experience is EXACTLY why many don't even try to
apply for the county license.  Once you're turned down, you're screwed.  Either
move or find homes for your dogs.  I also think it is unacceptable that
townships don't know the county rules until they're forced to look it up after
a formal complaint is filed.  Not everyone understands how zoning works.  I
agree you should, and I do NOW, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one
who had a township mislead them into believing they were in compliance with the
law.
Gina
 ROYAL T SHEPHERDS
http://www.royaltshepherds.com
Home of: Ch Covy Tucker Hill v Royal T's Edsel,CD,NA,CGC,HIC,OFA h/e/t/c
Covy Tucker Hill's Marc Royal T,CD,CGC
Royal T's Wildwood Maggie May,TT
Stonekroft's Renaissance Royal T