[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hoader Raided*11 GSD's* outside of Baton Rogue UPDATE

  • From: Royal T Shepherds <gina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dan-ann@xxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 19:02:25 -0700 (PDT)

This happened, kind of, to me.  A fellow dog person, (in another township, who
happens to sit on the county board with ourtownship president) made a call to
our township to say I had a sign out in front of my house that said I was
boarding animals.  This is a violation of my kennel license and was completely
untrue.  I had 6 outdoor only runs at the time, and they were for MY dogs
only.  Also, my sign in front of my house was very clear, K-9 Castle, home of
the Royal T Shepherds, Obedience/Agility classes offered, and a phone number.
I got a letter in the mail stating that my kennel license had been revoked
because I had a sign in front of my property saying I was offering boarding.  I
called the Town President and asked if he ACTUALLY drove by the house and read
my sign.  He said he did.  I then asked if he knew how to read?  That, of
course, didn't go over for well, LOL, but I was pissed!  I was forced to pay
another $100 fee to the board
 to plead my case, brought a current picture of the sign, and made a speach in
front of the township.  I got my kennel license back, but the Town President,
still showing loyalty to his friend on the county board, or mad at being called
an idiot, still voted NO.  It turns out the fellow dog person was mad about the
competition with obedience classes, and decided to use her county influence to
remove my kennel license.   Officials abusing their power for a friend, or to
show who's boss is all the same to me.  It's unacceptable.  Officials should
have the obligation to investigate fully prior to targeting licensed, legal
constituents by revoking licenses.
 ROYAL T SHEPHERDS
http://www.royaltshepherds.com
Home of: Ch Covy Tucker Hill v Royal T's Edsel,CD,NA,CGC,HIC,OFA h/e/t/c
Covy Tucker Hill's Marc Royal T,CD,CGC
Royal T's Wildwood Maggie May,TT
Stonekroft's Renaissance Royal T