[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Goldbecker -- Temperament--Gun test

  • From: Karen C. <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 01:42:26 -0500

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 21:59:17 -0800, "Kathaleen Strong"
<inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:=20

>Still can't quite fathom why the idea of a simple gun test
>is so vile to people, but such is the mysteries of life.

Kathaleen's posts made me LOL because I immediately
thought about my rescue English setter boy the first time
he heard gunfire (*real* gunfire... like with bullets and
all).

My hubby wanted to get some practice in at the (outdoor)
range about a month ago, so off we went. I brought Rusty
along because there is a big area out back toward the
woods and I thought we'd get a bit of obedience training
in. We were far enough away from the range not to hurt his
or my hearing, but the noise was still pretty loud. As we
were walking, the first shots rang out. Russ stopped stock
still with his ears all up on his head listening to the
sounds. No fear. No jumpiness. And then he sort of looked
at me, shrugged his shoulders and went back to the
business of hunting and exploring.

Now, I'm not too sure what would happen if I shot a gun
right over his head (other than hearing loss), but I'm
pretty sure he wouldn't be all that concerned about it. If
HE can do it, surely a GSD can. Right??? ROTFL!!    ;)

* * * * *
Karen C.
kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Where are we going?