[ SHOWGSD-L ] Get Involved!!!

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:54:40 -0800

This is becoming a nightmare that we as a group cannot keep up with.
We need our Parent Club more involved and the Parent Clubs of ALL OTHER BREEDS,
and
the AKC and the Veterinarian Assoc. and the Vet's in general and Guide Dog
Organizations
and Search and Rescue Organizations, hunting dog Org.....even Llama and horse
and
cattle breeders, Veterinary Colleges, Dog Food companies,  vaccine
Companies.....
EVERYONE involved in animals!!

We need some 'umbrella' of leadership to align ourselves under as a UNITED
GROUP!!!!
Once again......I know Paul has posted how much AKC does in this "war".....but
AKC is
the most RECOGNIZABLE DOG Organization there is.   EVERYONE knows about the
Madison Square Garden shows......Westminster, etc.  Guide Dog
Organizations...etc.
It seems to me that AKC is the ONLY UMBRELLA ORGANIZATION THAT CAN PULL THIS
TYPE OF ORGANIZING TOGETHER!!    I don't know of any other 'dog'  Org. that
can help as much.   They KNOW the Parent Clubs of other Breeds.    Surely there
are
Cat Org.....Cattle,  Horses, Llamas, Vets,  Medical Co.'s,  Vet Colleges and
Associations.
We need some head with recognizable power that gets all of these united and
organized!
They get NATIONAL COVERAGE with Westminster......why not things of this caliber?
That will help us more to keep up......know when to write, when to call....even
be
able
to unite on line, to get the PUBLIC word out.

The public needs to know that the Search and Rescue Dogs in  9-11 came from
breeders,
Guide Dogs come from Breeders, Police dogs come from Breeders.
There is an entire structure in Society that would fail without
Breeders.....Veterinarians,
Medical Supplies, Rodeos, Dog shows, Guide Dogs,  Hunting Dogs,  Avalanche dogs.
Vet Colleges, Kennels, etc.   It needs to start at the top which for us is
AKC....so
we at the
bottom of the rung can help.....we're out cleaning kennels and taking care of
homes
and animals and kennels......we cannot organize with the strength that this
battle
requries
without some recognizable power at the head!!!
We are willing to donate money, time, letters, e-mails, phone calls......but we
are
spitting
in the wind with no powerful organized head.....they will beat us by sheer
volume....

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Why Get