[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Get Involved!!!

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:21:28 -0500

Carolyn -
That is what those AR folks are counting on.  They have nothing else to
do, apparently...we have to make the time.  After all, it's our animals
and our very way of life that's threatened.
    I know people are pretty strong in their anti-smoking beliefs, for
example.  When it was banned in our building, when I had a job, that is,
I laughed and said "the next thing you know, they'll be banning
something else."
    Lo and behold, a year later they tried (and failed) to stop the
black girls and men from coming to work with corn rows in their hair!
Yes, they really did!  "No ethnic hairdos or costumes," that was the
edict.  A bunch of us spent a weekend getting our hair corn rowed (and
let me tell you, that HURTS)... and a few hundred people came to work on
Monday with corn rowed hair... Caucasians, Hispanics, and the black
girls, too.  That was the end of that attempt...
    The next thing they tried to ban was private radios at people's
desks or in private offices...that failed, too.  The point is, they
tried.  If we give up one thing, whoever made us give it up will always
want more.  BSL is the beginning...Paul has been warning people about
the ARistas as long as I can remember.  We can't give up just because
it's a really hard job...we have to keep at it.
And yes, all the PCs need to become active.......
    Peggy