[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Get Involved!!!

  • From: "Edward Anderson" <edmar20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 16:55:29 -0500

Hi Carolyn,
I do agree that the "AKC" is involved, but that is not the same as leading the
fight.
I do believe that more people own dogs than guns, but look at what the "NRA"
does for it's members.
For less money than P/C dues they:
Give you your choice of one of three excellent magazines.
Contact every member, in every State regarding gun control legislation.
Publish State and National voting records and recommend those who support their
position.
Operate an extremely good lobby at both the State and Federal level.
The "AKC" has the database on all registered dog owners, and without puppy
registrations and show entry's they have no income.   The "Board of the AKC"
shouldn't be able to sleep at night.  They need to leading this fight, not just
supporting the efforts of people like Paul.      Ed