[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD 'walking' judges/ eh?

  • From: murfamx4@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, ricknaudra@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:06:13 -0500

Thank you? Dave is the?gentleman I was referring to.

?

? He never said that the judges "HAVE" to make the dogs walk but he did say
that they "CAN" in order to get a better look at them.? Maybe Dave is so good
he doesn't need them to go slow to see what they are like??

?

?? I am in no way saying it should or should not be done but I am saying it is
happening ?be prepared for it.? When your dog is walked in a public area is it
allowed to pull as hard as it can or is it taught to walk calmly?? This is just
one more thing to teach the dogs before taking them in the ring.? HEAL= walk??
LETS GO = means Katie bar the door. ?Maybe something like EASY?= for a trot.
(or any commands you choose)

?

We have one of the most trainable breeds on earth we can surely teach them to
walk on a leash.

?

Glenn

Shaden Shepherds