[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD temperament and rep

  • From: Linda H. <stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>, showgsd list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 22:45:02 -0400

I just wanted to interject a few comments here about my other breed.  They were
bred to be "alert" dogs in the monastaries of Tibet.  At our specialty shows
when our grooming setups are all together, they strenuously object to any other
breed of dog entering their territory!  I will never forget my first national
in FL when we had our own room and a well known handler tried to come through
the back door.  Every Tibetan Spaniel in the room, including those in the ring
being judged, let him know that he was not welcome!  He actually backed out and
went around the long way!  LOL!

I do overall think that our shepherds are very well behaved at all breed shows.

Linda Hendrix

St James Shepherds

Lin Chi Tibetan Spaniels